First we did our grammar for tomorrow's quiz.
Sentence 1: can you come over and watch the movie casablanca after school
- The C in an needs to be capitalized (The three lines under the c)
- The C in casablanca needs to be capitalized (Three lines under)
- Casablanca needs to be underlined because it’s the name of a movie.
- There needs to be a question mark after the whole sentence (?)
Here is a picture of the diagram for this sentence.
Some parts came out blurry. Under the word come that says the. On the dotted line that connects come and watch that says and.
Second sentence: the chemistry club visited boulder colorado for an experiment
- The needs to be capitalized (three lines under)
- Chemistry Club needs to be capitalized (three lines under)
- Boulder needs to be capitalized (three lines under)
- Colorado needs to be capitalized (three lines under)
- There needs to be a comma separating Boulder and Colorado (Boulder,Colorado)
- The needs to be a period at the end of the sentence (.)
Here is a picture of the diagram for sentence two.
After grammer we talked a little bit about our papers. Smith told us it would be really helpful to look at some of the previous years websites.
Next we created our own google websites for our stories. Some people do it through the lps email and some people did it through there own. To do this you need to go own google docs then hit google sites. Once you're there hit create. Name it your first name, last initial, then 2016. After we did this we gave Smith the URL to our websites. For the rest of the hour we messed around with the google sites seeing everything we can do with it.
NOTE: WRITE YOUR PAPER ON A SEPARATE DOC OTHER THAN THE GOOGLE WEBSITE!!!!
Homework: CSAP, grammar quiz tomorrow, start thinking about your essay (think about starting on your outline)