Today we started off by talking about TED Blog 1 grades. The grades were in as of this morning. Some went beyond the expectations, and others met the "Gentleman's C".
Here are some suggestions for future TED blogs:
- Summary void of reaction
- Topic sentence in response needs a why, needs a because
- Don't summarize in response; react
- Don't quote in summary; summarize in your own words
- things: be specific
- keep summary to summarizing text, video; don't analyze speaking style
- refer to people by last name not first name
- eliminate personal words
- lead-ins to quotes
- explain and analyze speaking style; comparisons
The rest of the day was a work day.
The homework for tomorrow is TED Blog 2, and be reading A Whole New Mind.
"If I should have a daughter..." and "The power of vulnerability" are options for TED Blog 2, but you can choose any TED video.
When you get a chance read "The Rise and Fall of Motivation 2.0".