Thursday, October 4, 2012

Scribe for 10/4/12 Per 5

Scribe-Max Hostetter


Study for SAT Lesson Five Test tomorrow
PLN 3 for video The Machine is Us/ing Us-POST TO OWN BLOG!!!!!!
Pick a book for Banned Book project and get Banned Book Letter signed by parents, due Monday.
These titles are taken

Catcher in the Rye
Water for Elephants
Brave New World
Gone with the Wind
Catch 22
Go Ask Alice
The Chocolate War
The Satanic Verses
Not Without My Daughter
Give a Boy a Gun
Animal Farm
Blood and Chocolate
Slaughterhouse Five
One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
Perks of Being a Wallflower
The Pact
The Giver
The Sun Also Rises
Don Quixote

Remember to find proof that your book was banned.

In Class

We went over what we need to know for the SAT test tomorrow-word, part of speech, definition, and synonyms.
We took texting polls for two questions- Is watching TV bad and Censorship is never justified.
 The class agreed almost-unanimously that watching TV isn't inherently bad, but it can be. The class was pretty evenly split about censorship-52% said censorship is justified and the other 48%  said censorship isn't justified.

We also reviewed another discussion technique similar to the aquarium, called the fishbowl. This technique has an inner square of discussion. while the outer square observes and blogs about what the inner square is talking about.
The class signed up for presenters and discussers- the two types of people in the inner square of a fishbowl. Presenters ask questions and discussers discuss(there's a shocker) what they think about the question. Discussers can also ask questions and presenters can join into the discussion, however they must stay true to their original job.

Also, we will start reading Fahrenheit 451 tomorrow in class so either bring your own copy or borrow one from Smith.

For any additional info, either email Smith or go to the class page here.

Have a goodnight, sleep tight, and don't let those pesky bedbugs bite (Seriously though, if you have a bedbug problem you might want to call an exterminator).


No comments:

Post a Comment