Welcome back after our 3-day weekend!
(For a vacation update: 8 days until a PLC day, and 18 days until our next 4-day week. Yay!)
-Hunger is the CSAP Packet for week 3, and Words to Live By is the one for next week (week 4).
The Ned Kelly Presentation is a competition. The group that wins will receive homemade cookie bars and their choice of hot chocolate or milk. The question for this project is: What do Ned Kelly, Marcus (from Little Brother) and the Chicago Seven have in common? We will present our findings on Thursday.
Requirements for Ned Kelly Presentation:
- no powerpoints
- face the audience
- be creative!
(We got into our groups of 4-5 today- we chose our group members) - and we began our brainstorming for the presentation. TA-DA!)
For the CSAP packet this week:
- We are answering the question: Think about the man at the beginning of the story and at the end. Then explain how the man changed.
- We need to talk about the man at the beginning of the story and at the end and also the change that takes place in his character.
- In the Topic Sentence: title, author, restate, answer the question, and a why.
-Don’t forget concluding sentence!
Today we are marking the parts of speech and the parts of the sentence. We are also adding two parts of speech this week: conjunctions and adverbs. Here are some quick definitions:
conjunction: a part of speech that connects two words, phrases, or clauses together
adverb: a part of speech that modifies a verb
1. jeb likes cars but he can’t drive yet
2. david saw the movie alvin and the chipmunks in his kindergarten class
Here are the finished sentences: