Julia and I presented the Sox Drive to the class today for Student Council, so remember to bring in gently used clothing and brand new socks to support the Sox Place!
The first thing the class did today, was work on DOL7: Can you come over and watch the movie Casablanca after school? The A.H.S. Chemistry Club visited Boulder, Colorado for an experiment.
Here's one to practice for the DOL quiz tomorrow: the track club ran to lonetree colorado for a workout
After discussing the grammar, Mrs. Smith helped the class set up their websites for the Little Brother and 1984 Paper due 2/14. First, she let us pick whether or not we wanted to use Gmail or the LPS accounts to set up these sites. Mrs. Smith explained how LPS owns your website if you do decide to go with LPS for your website, and how Gmail is your own property.
HOW TO CREATE YOUR OWN WEBSITE:
- Click the "Sites" button at the top of your LPS/Gmail account.
- Click the "Create" button to create your website.
- Click "Blank Template" to make the website look the way you want.
- You will then name your site YourName2016. Ex: mine is CapriV2016
- Click the theme choice that goes with your paper. (If it is on the happier side, do a happier theme. If it is on the sad side, do a dull theme.)
- Do the Word Verification (So Google knows you're not a robot)
- See your website
- Click the "Pencil" button up top to edit your Website (like Google Docs)
- DON'T COMPOSE YOUR PAPER ON GOOGLE SITES BECAUSE YOU MIGHT LOSE IT
- Play around and get your website how you want it (be sure to SAVE)
There are two options for how you want your paper/website to look like:
- To make your homepage your whole paper
- Your homepage can just be an introduction to your paper.
- Next to the pencil button is a "Create/Plus page" button (Click this to create a new page)
- Create a "What have we learned" page, "Works Cited" page, ect.
- MAKE SURE TO PUT THE NEW PAGES UNDER HOME
(You can also edit your theme and fonts on this page.)
After setting up our websites, we added our URLs to Mrs. Smith's webpage so she will be able to grade our papers when the time comes.
- Figure out two topics for tomorrow for paper (What we've learned and what we haven't learned)
- Play Around on Google Sites
- STUDY FOR DOL7 QUIZ TOMORROW!
- Finish CSAP packet
- Look at previous years' papers
Here is Smith's Slideshow
Hope everyone has a great day! One more day until the weekend!