Today is September 11, 2012, the 11the anniversary of the terrorist attacks mainly on the Twin Towers.
Below is a link to today's agenda https://docs.google.com/a/lpsk12.org/presentation/pubid=1ThuyFhV9QLWSK_22n10U7cNyJD0D4Fp44taMvA7fTE&start=false&loop=false&delayms=3000#slide=id.g1c35b9bc_2_0
Today in class we...
- Split into groups of three or four based on what short story we read(The Interlopers or The Open Window) and discussed our annotations and questions.
- Subsequently had a class discussion about how the short stories were a motivator for social change, the morals of the stories, and our opinions of them.
- The Open Window
- We come across "widows" of opportunity and if we wait too long we will lose our chance
- We tend to give trust easily to characters until we are proven otherwise
- This is why we believed the girl's story even though it seemed incredible
- The Interlopers
- The worst can bring out the best in us
- Fate determines what we do
- Were handed back SAT tests and exercises
- Watched the music video for "Smells like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana
- Here is the link to the music video in case you feel like watching it again
- Smith also asked us to look up the lyrics to the song so that we could analyze the song
- Here is the link to the lyrics
- How did this motivate us? What was the message?
- Be unique
- "Fight the man"
- Hello= Wake Up!
- How do(es) music/music videos inspire social change?
- it makes you feel something
- inspires change; change is natural
- Had relatively quiet work time to do
- our memoir
- SAT work
- Memoir 2 DUE TOMORROW!
- SAT exercises DUE FRIDAY