The class chatters before taking our weekly SAT Words Test.
After the quiz, we learn about making our http://voicethread.com/ project.
Getting Started with VoiceThread
- Each student needs to create an account using the lpsk12.org email.
- Play around an get comfortable with Voicethread.com
- To make a voicethread, you will use PowerPoint to make slides for your Memoir Presentation.
- When you are finished, 'Save As' your name and then click 'Save As Type' select ‘.JPG’ before you save. ALWAYS save your PowerPoint as JPG for VoiceThread!
- While in VoiceThread, click 'Upload' from 'My Computer' and find your slideshow.
- To record your voice, click on 'Comment' and get ready to talk! USB headsets are available for rent in the Library.
Once Your VoiceThread Is Finished:
- Once you are done and viewing your presentation, (Project is perfect!) go to 'Menu', and click 'Embed'
- Copy the Embed Code (CTRL+C)
- Open a new tab and go to class blog- http://smith9h1213.blogspot.com/
- Create a Post and in the post, change the format from 'Compose' to 'HTML' (It will look different that the space we are used to writing in, it's okay!)
- Title the post your first name
- In blank part, paste the Embed Code
- Publish the post
- The post should show up as your Memoir Presentation
Create VoiceThread account if you didn't already in class
- http://ahsdailyannouncements.blogspot.com/ - Daily Announcements
- https://docs.google.com/presentation - Weekly Class Schedule
- http://voicethread.com/ - VoiceThread
- http://smith9h1213.blogspot.com/ - Class Blog